Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Prayer

Thank you Lord for the gift of friendship, for the good times and for the people who choose to stay.
Thank you Lord for the rainbow after every rain.
Thank you Lord for my family - my husband, my son, my parents and my brothers.
Thank you Lord for the pain which taught me the importance of trying again.
Thank you Lord for the hurtful words, lies and badmouthing, because of these, I have learned how to be strong.
Thank you Lord for my job, my colleagues.
Thank you Lord for having food to eat at the dinner table.
Thank you Lord for my feet, thank you Lord for being able to run.
Thank you Lord for my hands, thank you Lord for being able to write this.
Thank you Lord for my eyes, thank you Lord for being able to count my blessings.

These are the only ones I can put into words now but of course there's a million left I haven't said thank you for.

Thank you Lord for tomorrow. Thank you Lord for my life. Amen.

*On praying: I have always believed that when one prays, it is much more important to thank the Lord for your blessings than asking for more. He knows, He provides.

No comments:

Search